NFPA 70: National Electrical Code (NEC), 2011 Edition
Get the widely adopted 2011 NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code® in the #1 bestselling NEC® Code book format.
Adopted in all 50 states, NFPA 70: National Electrical Code is the basis for electrical safety that has saved untold lives with comprehensive requirements for electrical wiring and equipment. Be prepared to safeguard people and property and avoid violations with the 2011 NEC Softbound Code book designed for convenience in the office or the field.
Major changes in the 2011 NEC meet consumer demand for alternate energy, green technologies, and IT equipment:
- New Article 694 has requirements for small wind electric systems.
- Revised Article 625 includes updates on safe battery charging for plug-in hybrid vehicles that reduce the risk of explosion.
- Revised Article 705 covers interconnecting generators, windmills, and solar and fuel cells with other power supplies.
- New Article 840 addresses the increased demand for broadband communications systems with requirements for wireless, routers, and wireless disconnects.
Added requirements focused on workplace safety include:
- Means to reduce incident energy (240.87)
- Labeling at subpanels to identify feeder supply source (408.4(B))
- Disconnecting means for transformers (450.14)
Reference first-time provisions on electrical installations over 600 volts.
New Article 399 incorporates requirements for overhead distribution systems for large electrical system users, such as school or business campus settings.
The NEC Softbound Code book's user-friendly format saves you time:
- Shading in NEC text makes changes easy to spot.
- Vertical rules indicate additions.
- Bullets show deletions.
- Index includes identifiers at the top of every page to streamline research.
Bottom line: The 2011 NEC provides industry accepted requirements for safe electrical design, installation, and inspection. Order your copy today. (Softbound, 870 pp., 2011)