NFPA 15: Standard for Water Spray Fixed Systems for Fire Protection
Industrial fire protection depends on water spray fixed systems. Design and install systems you can count on with NFPA 15's new installation and maintenance requirements.
Keep fire protection systems up-to-code and ready to respond if fire strikes in an industrial facility. Reflecting the latest technology, engineering principles, test data, and field experience, the 2017 edition of NFPA 15: Standard for Water Spray Fixed Systems for Fire Protection covers the design, installation, maintenance, and test requirements for fixed water spray systems.
The Standard also includes minimum requirements for the periodic testing and maintenance of ultra high-speed fixed water spray systems.
Revisions align with NFPA 13 and improve usability and fire protection. This edition has:
- Revised pipe support requirements including new tables
- A 12-month limitation on water flow test information that aligns with the 2016 edition of NFPA 13: Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- Added requirements for hydraulic design information signs and general information signs
- New requirement that a hazard analysis be performed on the physical and chemical properties of materials and that the layout, design, and installation be performed by qualified persons
- New definitions for hazard analysis and qualified